VW Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
435 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
just this week i started getting this nasty odor from the AC like stale moisture. thats the best way i can describe it! its not as noticable with the heater on. is this a filter i need to change? is there somthing dead in my engine bay?
i park my car in a small garage. could it be when i park the car WET overnight? i have the slightest idea.

·
Registered
1,425 Posts
Sounds like the filter needs replaced. I don't know what you drive, but if it is a MKIV, it is under the passenger side winshield wiper under that cowling next to your ECU. You can buy a cheap replacement from www.ecstuning.com for $17.95.

·
Registered
435 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
i drive a 2002 gti.
is this common?

·
Registered
3,658 Posts
I know if i park near alot of trees and the pollon is falling. i might have a small odor when i first start the car. It usually goes away pretty quickly though.
jon

·
Registered
17 Posts
The worst thing I ever smelled in a car was when a friend of mine used just water in the windshield washer reservoir (instead of wiper fluid).

It went bad one day (and I mean baaaaad). Whenever he used his wiper fluid, it smelled like a dog took a dump on the dashboard.

Nasty.

I advise using appropriate windshield fluids whenever possible.

·
Registered
161 Posts
pollen filter needs to be replaced!

·
Registered
5,109 Posts
sounds like someone took a dump in your rain tray

1 - 8 of 8 Posts