VW Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
777 Posts
theres a few other things you can do like intake manifolds etc... but the next thing on the list should be a chip, with all 3 you should have your vr at 210 and your 1.8t in the naborhood of 220-225

·
Registered
510 Posts
i think just a chip would be fine, thats what im doin cold air exhaust and chip and when i pay my car off then ill upgrade the turbo and the other expensive things

·
Premium Member
7,420 Posts
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by GalacticVR6:
theres a few other things you can do like intake manifolds etc... but the next thing on the list should be a chip, with all 3 you should have your vr at 210 and your 1.8t in the naborhood of 220-225<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Is it a 24V or 12V, cause expecially for a 12V, 210 would be a very high estimate. Stock, the 12V has somewhere around 155-160HP at the wheels, so with a cat back, CAI and chip, you will have maybe 170-175 at the wheels.

·
Registered
2,494 Posts
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by party pat:
it is a 24v, what chip do u recomend is the best for my year of gti ?<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I think APR is coming out with a 24V chip soon; check their website. It should have info. about it...

1 - 8 of 8 Posts