VW Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
3,658 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A guy at my work just got a NB Ragtop Turbo last night. He got the first turbo one in Delaware and had it special ordered. That thing is very sweet!!! He already has a chip ordered for it. Thought i share this with everyone

jon

·
Registered
3,450 Posts
Sweeeet.

I also went to our local Dealer and sat in one. I like how the paintjob continues into the door panels on the interior side.

·
Registered
3,658 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I'll bring my Camera to work tom. and if he's here i'll take some pictures.
jon

·
Registered
1,638 Posts
sounds cool, my freind thats 16 is gonna have 3 grand of parts for his car before he gets it. the night he orders it, hes ordering 3 grand worth of performance parts and goodies. itll be fun installin his shit the day he get his brand new s2000.
rich

·
Registered
1,145 Posts
those are sweet... if they werent considered girly cars then i might consider getting one...but you just can rock it stock and be mocho at the same time... lol..

and im gonna have to disagree w/ you on this one Thomas i dont like the paint job on the inside of the door panel...i think it makes it look cheap.

·
Registered
1,881 Posts
Eh, its a throw back touch, and I think its cool, so I second thomas. It would have been cooler if it was metal and not plastic tho...

·
Registered
69 Posts
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by fli gti:
Eh, its a throw back touch, and I think its cool, so I second thomas. It would have been cooler if it was metal and not plastic tho...<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I think that I remember hearing somewhere along the line that originially the New Beetles came with the metal on the door and eventually that was changed to plastic. People complained that the metal got way too hot and VW found that the plastic didn't retain as much as the heat. But I could be wrong. Anyone heard anything different?

Go figure, they put the metal on the door where plastic should be. And then to save a little extra money they put plastic window clips in the doors instead of metal...which worked really well down here in South Florida when the plastic melted in the heat and caused my window to drop 3 different times. Those damned window regulators, I'm preying that my Beetle isn't as jinxed as my Jetta was. Ah...but I still miss my Jetta.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts