VW Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i want a full exhaust from the turbo back, is there somewhere i can get that, or will i need to buy the down pipe seperate? where can i get these items and what sounds the best on 01 1.8t jetta?
thanx

·
Registered
510 Posts
Alright guys im really confused now, Im looking for an exhaust for my 02 1.8t, now I wanted to go with miltek, but then i heard that they're not as loud, but I want something LOUD, and I want some nice tips, since i dont have the bumper outcut. HELP PLZ

·
Registered
291 Posts
Ive heard the milltek werent insanely loud but they got a pretty nice growl to them...along with the other ones...there was a link to a site that did tests on a whole bunch of exhausts a little while back...if you search im sure you can find it

·
Registered
1,306 Posts
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Slaven GTI:
Alright guys im really confused now, Im looking for an exhaust for my 02 1.8t, now I wanted to go with miltek, but then i heard that they're not as loud, but I want something LOUD, and I want some nice tips, since i dont have the bumper outcut. HELP PLZ<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

If you really want loud, order from GHL and specify that you want their old "race" system. Trust me, it's loud!

·
Registered
8 Posts
just installed the "new" ghl 2.5" turbo back last week and it is real loud. friend has the apr and another has the tt - louder than both with a nice growl. new version of ghl looks nicer too i think

·
Registered
510 Posts
How can I contact GHL, theres no contact us link on their website or phone number? I dont wanna order until I see the exhaust if u know what i mean

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
i want my exhaust to not too loud when im just cruisin, just noticable, but i want it really turn heads when im gettin on it? whats the best exhaust for that kinda desire?

·
Registered
345 Posts
I'm thinking of getting my Miltek 2.5catback and a GHL 3" Downpipe.....or do you think i should get a APR Downpipe.

I'm trying to save as much money as possible. I want full exhaust for a really good price.

Please tell me what is a good combo, which is good and cheap. Thanks

[ March 21, 2004: Message edited by: dub flava ]

·
Registered
872 Posts
i was looking at an exhaust and i like the way the Miltek sound, deep (non-rice) sound, and not too loud b/c besides the power have the fun to a turbo is hearing it whissle, but i couldnt find a canster style tip, becuase my friend had a 2.0 with a canster that is kicked out on an angle and it looks so good its unbelievable...

·
Registered
4,993 Posts
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by dub flava:
I'm thinking of getting my Miltek 2.5catback and a GHL 3" Downpipe.....or do you think i should get a APR Downpipe.

I'm trying to save as much money as possible. I want full exhaust for a really good price.

Please tell me what is a good combo, which is good and cheap. Thanks

[ March 21, 2004: Message edited by: dub flava ]
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

That combo should work well.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts