VW Forum banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
223 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok guys Im chipped with upsolute, evo cai, baileys dv,tt turbo back exhaust, any more ideas of what i could to to my 03 GTI 1.8T?
also I have the stock 17 with the michelin tires and I have no freakin traction at all what kind of tires do u guys have for street use the 14's second cars.

·
Registered
2,494 Posts
New tires would probably really help you out.

As far as more power, there are plenty of turbo upgrades...oh big turbo...
...anyway, yeah if you want a ton more power I think that is the direction you are going to have to head in my friend; K03's can only flow so much....

[ January 23, 2004: Message edited by: 109 LUVR ]

·
Registered
1,306 Posts
More traction can be gotten from better tires, or a Limited Slip. More power can be gotten from a bigger turbo!

·
Registered
777 Posts
laughing gas

·
Registered
223 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
i ment with the stock k03. as far as LSD what are ur opinions on that and the stage two clutch with lightened flywheel

·
Registered
8,124 Posts
quiafe makes a good LSD used by alot of people

As for the clutch, alot of "stg 2" are really just vr6(228mm) clutch disk and a lightweight flywheel.
Arron said something about using a vr clutch with a g60 flywheel, but i wouldnt spend the money on the tranny untill your current clutch blows. LSD is a smart upgrade if you plan on making big power someday

·
Premium Member
7,420 Posts
Get rid of the Upsolute and get a GIAC or APR.

·
Registered
1,306 Posts
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by White Rabbit:
What about a front mount IC or a boost controller?<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Front Mount won't give you much power but it will add a tiny bit and is a good idea if you are going with a turbo upgrade or a lot of boost. It will prevent heatsoak which will hurt your car's performance.

A boost controller will allow you to fine tune your setup after getting a chip. It will allow you to bump the boost up so you hold a bit more than what you would with a chip. However, it's not a good idea to just go out and buy a boost controller and crank up your boost. Unless you have a way to control timing and air/fuel ratios, get a chip first then use the boost controller to fine tune.

·
Registered
194 Posts
Silverstone is chipped with upsolute though. and he has an intake and exhaust.

How much would you be able to crank up the boost on a stock bottom end?

·
Registered
2,494 Posts
Well, if you want to stick with the K03, you could get:

Turbo Inlet Pipe Samco Hose
N75 Valve ECS
Heat-Resistant Gasket NewSouth Performance
Underdrive pulleys ECS
Intercooler Pipe (not big horsepower but at least it smooth out airflow) Neuspeed or ABD
BRAND NEW High-Flow intake manifold (probably not much hp here) ABD
Might want to throw in a 4-bar fuel pressure regulator just in case VWP

Hope this helps, although don't expect a ton more hp....

·
Registered
223 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
thanks for ur opinions guys, like I said before february, march Im trowin in either a three puck or six puck clutch with lighweight flywheel n lsd, after that maybe around may i will most likely be going with atp stage 3.

·
Registered
8,124 Posts
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by SilverstoneGTI:
thanks for ur opinions guys, like I said before february, march Im trowin in either a three puck or six puck clutch with lighweight flywheel n lsd, after that maybe around may i will most likely be going with atp stage 3.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Raf Makes a good Point. But a 3puck clutch isn't very friendly as a daily driver, 6puck would be ok. Look into AWE and Ecs Stg 3 packages

·
Registered
830 Posts
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by RafCarre12:
Power is meaningless if you can't control it. SUSPENSION SUSPENSION SUSPENSION!<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Amen Pastor Raf
!

·
Registered
4,993 Posts
I have had my car over a year, and have held off on the suspension. Why, you ask?

I fear the sound of a cracking oil pan.

As soon as I get a Dieselgeek skid plate, thats when I'll be getting some suspension.

·
Registered
2,512 Posts
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by GTIVR62801:
I have had my car over a year, and have held off on the suspension. Why, you ask?

I fear the sound of a cracking oil pan.

As soon as I get a Dieselgeek skid plate, thats when I'll be getting some suspension.
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

How much lower than stock does the car have to go before you have to start worrying about that?

·
Premium Member
3,219 Posts
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by SilverstoneGTI:
i have H&R race springs with bilsten shocks. also have the eibach sways.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Good man. In that case, I agree with 109 LUVR's post.

·
Registered
8,397 Posts
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Tommunist:
How much lower than stock does the car have to go before you have to start worrying about that?<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

When the control arms aren't parrallel with the ground anymore.

Best Auto Insurance | Auto Protection Today | FREE Trade-In Quote

1 - 20 of 28 Posts