VW Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all, my daughters 2005 Jetta TDI has some sort of clutch issue that I want to confirm before I take any next steps. The problem started all of a sudden... when you apply torque to the engine in any gear I get a Grinding type of noise and RPM's go way up but no positive motion from the car. The clutch engages and disengages fine. The same problem occurs in reverse. The flywheel has made a rattling noise for years when the clutch was not pressed; probably the duel flywheel. This may be an obvious clutch symptom but its different from other clutches I've had on cars/trucks and I wanted to confirm. Thanks all!!

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hey all, my daughters 2005 Jetta TDI has some sort of clutch issue that I want to confirm before I take any next steps. The problem started all of a sudden... when you apply torque to the engine in any gear I get a Grinding type of noise and RPM's go way up but no positive motion from the car. The clutch engages and disengages fine. The same problem occurs in reverse. The flywheel has made a rattling noise for years when the clutch was not pressed; probably the duel flywheel. This may be an obvious clutch symptom but its different from other clutches I've had on cars/trucks and I wanted to confirm. Thanks all!!
I put lube down slave cylinder and seemed to fix my issue that sounds relatively close to yours.

·
Registered
25 Posts
You’re clutch is disc is smoked, and possibly the pressure plate and throw out/release bearing. The best option is to get a new solid flywheel conversion kit with new solid flywheel , clutch disc, pressure plate, the kit should come with new hardware (flywheel and pressure plate bolts) and a new release bearing. You can find them online, in various forms, different staged and oem replacements, I would recommend a Sachs fly wheel /OEM replacement disc or stage one solid face friction disc with new pressure plate and release bearing. FCP Euro.com or UROtuning. Com both have good options. Stay away from ECStuning.com. They will double charge you and/or send the wrong parts. Then refuse to refund ,unless you pay return shipping, in the rare occasion they offer refund it is minus a 20% “restocking” fee. After their own mistake.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 - 5 of 5 Posts