VW Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just bought 95 Jetta III GLX VR6 today. Dealer didn't have manual.
Has factory stereo/cassette player. The face says it's a CD changer. Am I missing something?

Mainly, the problem is as follows:

If you turn the stereo ON, it says "SAFE".
I can't do ANYTHING with it. Is there something that needs to be done to take this "SAFE" off? Or is the stereo broken?

Please please please help me!

~Thanks

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
(car is with husband at work, having him look for a sticker. chances that the dealer has it are very minimal- we have no manual)

So if I come up with a code, how exactly would I put it in?

·
Registered
1,145 Posts
well...

after about 3 seconds the number 1000 should appear where it said SAFE. use the radio preset buttons 1-4. use preset #1 for the first number of the code, use preset #2 for the second number of the code, etc. each code number will increse by one everytime you push the preset station button....

then...

press the right side of the seek button(>) and hold until you hear a sound (about 2-5 sec) then "LSM" should appear.

this should work, got it straight from my manual ('02 golf manual, but i dont think it matters)

hope that helped

·
Registered
4 Posts
I just spoke to the local VW dealer(Santa Monica, Calif.) about a similiar problem(1992 Passat) and they told me the following:

To get the code you have to bring the car into the dealership and then when they see that it is your car and you haven't stolen the radio, if you can remove the radio(or, I suppose, pay them to do so) they will look up the code and for $20-30 (or thereabouts) let you have it. Isn't that nice of them?

John

·
Registered
2 Posts
hello everyone, this is my first visit to the vw forum and I thought I would introduce myself. I just bought a 2002 vw Jetta 1.8L turbo and I would like to be updated with any inside info from any of you. I need all the help I can get. Any info dealing with something going wrong with your car. All I have heard so far is that the windows will eventually fall after a period of time b/c of the plastic factory piece that they put in them. Well have a nice day, talk to ya lata.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts