VW Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I need to know what the lock key for rims on my 2003 GTI looks like. I have a pretty good idea i see it, but the shop has my car so I cant find out. Please respond ASAP.

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Okay, Is it curved and along the outside edge of the foam? See I had taken that Out and I am missing a piece or 2 I think, They are somewhere....lol. ZThe curved thing i was talking about has what looks like a 17mm on the edge of the curve but the other side is flat and hollow. no teeth.

·
Registered
1,881 Posts
No, its about the size of a normal wrench socket, maybe 3/4" diameter, and an inch long. I lost mine one time b/c I forgot to take it off the lug when I changed a flat, but I went back and found it about fifty feet down the road from where I changed the flat. Lucky me...

·
Premium Member
7,420 Posts
Don't you hate when you go to the shop and forget to tell them where it is and they can't find it? Mine was getting a tire patched the other day and I call to see if it's done and they say "We couldn't do it, we don't know where the wheel key is." They didn't even friggin call me to ask, nevermind that, they should have asked me before I left there if they didn't know. All in all, VERY unhappy with Pep Boys.

·
Registered
1,881 Posts
I wouldn't trust Pepboys to wipe my ass, much less do something to my car. Two experiences, both strikes. Got them to put in a new alternator, and they threaded the belt tensioner back in backwards, so it stripped out and came loose on the highway somewhere.

Second time, went in for a battery A FRIGGIN BATTERY and they do a free install, so im like what the hell, saves me some sweat. Well, they tell me its ready, I go out there and it wont turn over. So I pop the hood and my old battery is sittin there starin back at me. So I go inside, and they had forgot to change the battery, and jsut signed the ticket. WTF? so I have them put it in, (while I watch) and they just placed the terminals on there and shut the hood, so Im like, dont youwant to tighten that, and the guy looked me in the eye and said "if you tighten it, you could scratch the posts and cause sparks that could cause a car fire" so that was the last time I looked at Pepboys. now I just look the other way when I drive by....

1 - 6 of 6 Posts