VW Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i got the head off with intake exust all on the bentch waiting for the new cam and springs
motor mounts front and rear are off tranny bolts are out 6 of them

tryed to pull motor but tranny still atatched but the tranny next to the block is a space

down by the axel is were it seeming to stay together
do i have to take the axel out becuase i cant the kid before me striped out the blolts so bad that i have to cut the axel if i have too to get it out please leave me what you know that would help i have to get the new motor built up in 2 days to drop it back in

·
Registered
2,513 Posts
did you take out the radiator and grill and all that stuff. if you got all that out of the wy then pull the axles off. Don't cut it if you can get a torch to torch off teh axle bolts. Most likly you won't get your money for the core if you cut it in half. Leave the tranny on the engine and take out all the mounts. Then just up and out. I took of the bumper and rebar and the lower apron so i had tons of room to get it out. Make sure everything is drained so you make less of a mess. and double check you don't have any wires still hooked up so they don't get cut or torn when bringing it out. That's all i can think of now. If you have any other more exact questions let me know I'll try to help out more. Good luck

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
so do i have to take the axels out to get the motor out

the bolts on the axel are striped there round inside the only i can think of geting them out is welding a nut on them and taking them out but i cant do that unless i cut them so i can pull the motor right out
since there 12 point i belive
im ganna kick the kids ass in my class for screwing it up when i see him out of school for doing it

i hate kid that think they know everything and think there top shit because daddy buys him everything i work so hard for what i have
ok that a nuff of that crap

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
i got it out just had to push the motor over and take off all the pullys i thought that you could just pull it with out taking them off the hole clutch is atatch to the block is there a tool i need to get the clutch off the block so i can start puting on my 16v plate and satch clutch in the new block

·
Registered
5,109 Posts
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by golf4dGTI:
i got it out just had to push the motor over and take off all the pullys i thought that you could just pull it with out taking them off the hole clutch is atatch to the block is there a tool i need to get the clutch off the block so i can start puting on my 16v plate and satch clutch in the new block<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

To get the flywheel off use a 9mm 12 point socket. To get the pressure plate off the crankshaft it usually takes a large impact wrench. When you go to put the pressure plate bolts onto the new motor USE THREADLOCK. I can't stress it enough. If you don't, the bolts probably will come loose.

And just for the future... if your axle bolts are stripped a 1/4" allen bit is the proper "extraction tool". Pound it into the stripped hole and the bolts should come right out.

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
i will try that on monday to see if i can get them out so i can put new bolts on

1 - 7 of 7 Posts