VW Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Im installing a Greddy bolt on cat back on my 03 gti, anyways me and my friend are having a hard ass time getting the bolts right after the cat loose so we can slide it out easly after we cut the facorty piping. Please someone doesn anyone know what an easy way to do this is?!?

~Travis

·
Registered
4,993 Posts
You can't loosen the bolts on the clamp?

Spray it all with the finest can of rustbuster you have (WD-40, Liquid Wrench, whatever) and try again. If all else fails at work we use the torch, but you probably don't have an oxy-acetylene torch lying around.

·
Premium Member
3,219 Posts
Do as Carson suggests but before putting a torch to the thing, try getting a long pipe or handle and couple it to theend of your wrench for more tourqe. I use the handle off of my hydraulic jack.

·
Registered
777 Posts
take the whole freekin crossmember off thats how i did mine.... its only like 8 nuts, drop the whole thing down...

EDIT: sry guess you where talking about somthing else!!!

[ February 24, 2004: Message edited by: GalacticVR6 ]

·
Registered
60 Posts
Hows that Greddy cat-back look on ur '03?

·
Registered
252 Posts
I know exactly what you mean those bolts do suck. Luckily I had a impact wrench. I guessing you don't use a wd-40 and use a breaker bar like they dicussed earlier. If that doesn't work put the wrench on the bolt get a mallet and tap it loose.

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Hey thank you all guys i didnt get to see any of ur messages cuz rougly about 30 minutes after i typed it we fnially got them off. We used wd-40 and exactly what RafCarre12 said, good helpin, haha. Great minds think alot. And as far as it looks....
honeslty im a lil dissapointed, it hangs a lil lower than expected but it still is awesome. Not that huge sound that some hondas have but a VERY clean sounding purr. Gaind quite a bit of power too from what driving it for 10 minutes! overall i wish i had 4 hands so i could give it 4 thumbs UP!

~Travis

1 - 7 of 7 Posts