VW Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i started to put my eurosport cool flow intake on and i took the factory air box off then put the heat shield in go to the poin where i had to attach the itg filter to the maf but the rubber flange that was sent fits on the filter but is damn near impossible to get of the maf.how the hell do i get this thing on there or is it just the wrong piece they sent.please help

·
Registered
777 Posts
take the whole maf out, put the rubber piece on it first by putting the bottom on then sticking your fingers inside and pushing out to make it go arounf the thing since i did it, what i just said makes sence, if you still cant do it ill take a picture of what im talking about....rember whole thing out, and maf side first...DO NOT USE ANY KIND OF LUBE!

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
i tried what u said but its just not goin to fit , the only thing i can think of is that they maybe sent me the wrong set up possibly for a mk 4 8v golf instead of the mk4 24v vr6.i really dont know but is it possibly that the intake tube and maf for the 8v is smaller then the vr6 one and thats what they sent me.either way im totally pissed off!

·
Registered
777 Posts
any way you could snap a pic of what you have next to the MAF housing? if you e-mail it to me ill host it for you... might beable to see whats going on...

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
thanks anyway but my dad already screwed it up, he tried to cut it a bit to fit it then use the clamps but that didnt work.oh well hes goin to pay for that piece,but im goin to take it back on mon and see whta the dilly is.thanks for the help

1 - 5 of 5 Posts