VW Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can someone please help me figure out how to get my timing reset. I have a 94 jetta GLS with a 2.0. The Cam gear has the marking O_T on it with the same markings on the Valve Cover. I'm sure that you line these up but what else do i do???? I can't get the car running and i'm stuck, It just putts when i turn it over.....
Your help will be much appreciated!!!

·
Premium Member
1,760 Posts
Did you purchace a manual.I have one at home I will try and help.But it won't be till monday.I wont try and start it again.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Cool thanks alot.... I'm stuck. I don't even wanna try to work on it today me and my friend lined the flywheel and the cam gear up to the markings about 10 times and each time we got the same results..... I just don't know what to do, All your help will be much appreciated.

Thank you

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Well i've done everything that the page has said to do.... And it just putts and backfires. It smells badly like gas is there any chance that my injectors are staying on or something??? Anything else that someone can think of?? I'm stuck beyond belief... Please Help

Thanks

·
Registered
2 Posts
hey did you remember to line up the mark on the distributor? theres a little mark in the back which is hard to see but just have the rotor pointing straight to the back of the car. that should do it since you can't adjust the timing by the distributor like you could in the mk2s....hth

1 - 8 of 8 Posts