VW Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok, so I've been having problems with my 71' Super Beetle stalling when I come to a stop. It doesn't matter if it's on an upgrade or downgrade. Just whenever I come to a stop it dies out. Right now the idle is really crappy. It's barely holding on with 300 idle speed.

I pressure washed the engine compartment and right after that is when I started having problems. The only thing I can guess to be wrong is either the carb or a vacuum leak. I already adjusted the valve clearance and distributor points. When I get to the idle and timing it won't even time to 5 deg ATDC a still keep running. I have a dual vacuum distibutor and a 30/31 PICT Solex carb.

Anybody have any suggestions?

·
Registered
366 Posts
Welcome.
Post in the air cooled section
Could have knocked off vac lines. Could have knocked off fuel cut off solenoid wire. loose fuel shut off solenoid. Plugged idle jet. these come to mind,;-) Good luck

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
ah ha! I just checked the wire from the coil to the fuel cut-off solenoid and it is totally damaged. I'll replace that and then test out the solenoid. If it doesn't work I'll try replacing that.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts