VW Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,638 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i need new breaks and i wanna get rotors. my question is does anyone know anyplace that has a special goin on for the holidays for pads and rotors. i dont want antyhing too expensive. and if no one knows about any specials, could you give me the name of some sites that have good prices on them.. thanks
rich

edit: also can you help me out on what i should look for. i was thinkin some cross drilled and/or slotted brembos or ebc but i dont know if i should go bigger or what i should do about all that. please help. i wanna order them soon.

[ December 02, 2003: Message edited by: dubwink ]

·
Registered
2,494 Posts
I know ECS Tuning has some decent prices and they have nice brake setups as well. Their one looks sick, but if that is too much then they also have the OEM TT package as well, and they often package them with pads for a great upgrade. Sorry I don't know any specials, and I hope this helps.

·
Registered
1,638 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
i was lookin at these power slot with ferodo what do you guys think of these. i can also get the power slot rotors w/ mintex red box's. dave, how do you like them and do they come with the plug thing so they plug right in?
thanks guys
rich

·
Premium Member
7,420 Posts
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by dubwink:
i was lookin at these power slot with ferodo what do you guys think of these. i can also get the power slot rotors w/ mintex red box's. dave, how do you like them and do they come with the plug thing so they plug right in?
thanks guys
rich
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Just keep in mind that Ferados have a lot of brake dust. Mintex will give you less dust than the ferado, but I have heard they don't stop much better than OEM pads.

·
Registered
1,638 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
sweet i guess its either the brembos brian said or the powerslot w/ mintex. thanks guys

·
Registered
7,718 Posts
rich--I got a set of brembo cross drilled rotors with pagid pads for $200 shipped from canada. I will post info when i get home. the pads come with the clip thingy too. Im happy with them!

·
Registered
7,718 Posts
to Rich and anyone else wanting cross drilled brembo rotors and pads:

Here is the contact info for the place where I got my rotors:

Elite Auto
3360 Midland Ave., Unit A-B
Scarborough, Ontario
Canada, M1V 4V7

tel (416)291-3953
fax (416)291-3387
toll free 1-888-634-2499
website www.eliteauto.ca
email [email protected]

I dealt with Raymond at Elite Auto. Very friendly and helpful.

Like I said before, I got the Brembo crossdrilled rotors with pagid pads. Mine were $200+34 (for shipping-may not apply for you).

Rich-write this down this time. I think I sent you this info 3 times before this!!! hahaha

·
Registered
1,638 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
hah thanks brian i appriciate it

1 - 10 of 10 Posts