VW Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
3,145 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm pretty sure my fuel pump took a sh!t. I will look into it further before replacing, but in the mean time, should I buy OEM or would one from advanced auto parts work?

·
Super Moderator
4,066 Posts
I'd go OEM. They're not that expensive.

·
Registered
3,145 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
scanned car, both codes said engine control unit. great. where the hell do i start? the car cranks, but it is not starting. no fuel pump prime when i open door or put key in it

·
Super Moderator
4,066 Posts
I'd start with the pump. $25-50 new and then go from there.

·
Registered
3,145 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I'd start with the pump. $25-50 new and then go from there.
not pump.. it is priming now and the fpr is full of gas. and i keep getting an ecu code, and when i try to clear it, it says communication error. i think ill start a new thread.

·
Registered
3,145 Posts
Discussion Starter #8 (Edited)
Are you referring to the green fuses in the battery cover piece? How can you tell if those are blown, theres plastic over the metal.

Does anyone know where I can buy just one green fuse? Lost it in the engine bay.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Are you referring to the green fuses in the battery cover piece? How can you tell if those are blown, theres plastic over the metal.

Does anyone know where I can buy just one green fuse? Lost it in the engine bay.

I dont know where u can buy a single fuse lol... just get a small box so u have extras...

also pick up a fuse tester they usually run about 10-20 bucks.

·
Premium Member
9,716 Posts
^^ fuse testers are the bees knees.

line up your timing marks. as if your doing the timing belt all over again.. just make sure the timing didnt jump.. that can be enough to cause a no start / crank issue also.

as far as the ecu. it will not except another ecu unless the immobilizer is defeated.. its going to fight you.. and cause more headaches and weird symptoms.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts