VW Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
can someone with a red volkswagen golf A3 please get me their paint code from their trunk (its next to the spare tire). i just shaved and went badgeless(cut out rear wiper, filled in vw emblem, took out rear plate assembly and welded a plate a filled in flat) on my rear trunk and i now found out that my paint code sticker is missing. i bought the car off someone else. so can someone please help. ill post pics of it when im done painting. thanx for the big help.

·
Registered
29 Posts
i have a red jetta also. my paint code was missing also. i took my a part of my car that was my cars original color and took it to the paint shop and got them to scan it. if i can find my paint can i will post it for you so you can have the code. but my best advice is to take your gas cap door or somthing that is the orginal color and get it scanned.

justin

·
Registered
45 Posts
Just look under the floor mat in the trunk. Its there on a sticker. should be something like lg7__xx (exterior color - interior color)

·
Registered
45 Posts
sorry im an idiot and didnt read the post

·
Registered
45 Posts
Flash red is LP3G/D8
tornado red (darker red) is LY3D/G2

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
thanx alot i bought the paint yesterday. its all coming out pretty well i primed all of my skirts and wing and the trunk. thanx alot. im gonna start with the flash red paint today

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
i am definatley gonna have pics up tomorrow. ill finish tonight when i get home from work cuz that is where im stuck at now...sux
dan - diy imports

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
sorry guys i still havent finished glossing all the skirts and lips. im really disappointed though. i fucked it up. i mean it looks good but you can tell it aint no factory paint job if you really examine it. i glossed the trunk and the wing. i like it but i think im gonna get the whole car repainted professionally. hey i tried but i just dont have some of the right stuff(like a booth or a baking room). i should be getting some more gloss tomorrow ill be posting pics soon. the shave job looks mad hot though i love that part the most. peace

1 - 9 of 9 Posts