VW Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi i'm new here and i was wondering if someone can tell me how to remove the ac compressor on my 86 gti 8v. it looks like the belts wont't line up. it has power steering.

·
Premium Member
1,760 Posts
Sorry for not posting sooner ,but as can see I dont moderate mk2's .No need for the tude dude.

·
Registered
96 Posts
you didnt figure it out. i did this about 6 months ago and just got mine worked out. your gunna need the alternator pully from a 89-92 vw and your gunna need the inner p/s pully from a audi 5000 or any audi with the north-south mounted engine. if you dont do this your belts are gunna squeal and need to be replaced every couple of months

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
well i thought i had it figured out but i was tod some wrong info and now i got my car all tore apart. sorry for the tude just trying to get my gti on the road.

·
Registered
202 Posts
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by cwczx3:
thanks for nothing figured it out on my own!!<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

·
Registered
96 Posts
try taking the pully off the alternator and going to your hardware store and buying some spacers...you must make sure they are flat on bith sides..put a few spacers in and put the pully on, see if that lines you up..still off better hit the jusnk yard like i said and get alot of diffrent pullys to try diffrent combanations

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
CAN NOT DO THE WASHERS BECAUSE I AM LIKE A WHOLE BELT WIDTH OFF. I TRIED CALLING RPI EQUIPPED BUT THEY DON'T MAKE THEIR BRACKETS ANYMORE. SO DOES ANYONE KNOW WHAT PULLEYS I NEED TO REMOVE AC COMPRESSOR. ITS AN 8V WITH POWER STEERING I WOULD LIKE TO KEEP THE POWER STEERING.

·
Registered
96 Posts
Your an asshole. look up a few posts i fucking told you what pullys you need. go bitch at someone else because your the moron who didnt read my post i told you exactly what pullys you needed. o the spacers do work because i had them on my car untill i got the right pully. no need to type in all caps man just read up a few posts.......your not a good dub owner, im gunna take your dub away from you.

·
Registered
48 Posts
HA HA, OUCH! That boy got bit.
I would not want to fuck around with this dude and his dub.

·
Premium Member
9,072 Posts
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by b3nnybl4z3:
Your an asshole. look up a few posts i fucking told you what pullys you need. go bitch at someone else because your the moron who didnt read my post i told you exactly what pullys you needed. o the spacers do work because i had them on my car untill i got the right pully. no need to type in all caps man just read up a few posts.......your not a good dub owner, im gunna take your dub away from you.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

b3nnybl4z3 can you cool it a bit? Thanks. I don't like to see posts like this.

·
Registered
96 Posts
????????????????????????????????????????????????i must be the only sane person left on this planet......maybe im wrong but i dont think i stepped over the line once say what you want but MY thoughts are still the same......if this is the way you treat your hardcore bud heads i think im done with this forum. db your a cool guy but wtf?

Got Balls?

·
Registered
96 Posts
err bud heads....oops meant dub heads, but im a little of both

·
Premium Member
9,072 Posts
b3nnybl4z3,

I'm beyond cool. I run about a 98% clean forum here. You will not find any hot heads at VWF. Your thoughts are your thoughts but please take it easy with the heavy typing. Meaning I don't care if one person posts something stupid. This forum is to help not call each other horse crap.

Thank you.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
i wasn't bitching i was just looking for help i didn't know you(b3nnybl4z3)was the only person to ask, didn't realize you now it all! and the caps are what i run at work and i forgot to turn them off so for that i'm sorry. and i read through all of the posts i could find on removing ac.

·
Registered
9 Posts
hey whats up, so u live in york? u ever cruise on weeekends? im usually on the circuit on fri/sat nites. j/w i never saw ur car out in town. hope to see u around lata

·
Registered
96 Posts
sorry for bitching...the head pilgram put me in my place.........

1 - 17 of 17 Posts