VW Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all VW nuts,
I am totally psyched about buying a jetta!! I figured it was about time, because the cars are so awesome. Not having tons of extra cash lying around, i was doing the bargain shopping around my area of Pa. I found 2 jettas in the paper that caught my eye
1997 vw jetta gl $4900
1997 vw Jetta vr6 $5900
Those prices are coming from a local dealer that isn't known for giving deals. Because i would like to spend my money wisely, i was wondering if these prices were a steal, or if the dealer would be the one stealing my $$. Thanks for your help.

·
Registered
175 Posts
vr6 price is kinda low i think, so there might be something wrong. the gl price is about right. check the miles and seals on the engine(valve cover, head, oil pan gaskets) also listen for any suspension noise, ticking ,klunking and steering response. hope this helps!

·
Premium Member
9,072 Posts
Another local boy? Dude your from Kutztown? You are only like and 1.5 hours from me. I would suggest when you are looking to buy a used car to get the VIN # and run a CARFAX report go to http://www.carfax.com it will tell you everything about the car if any major repairs were done or if any major accidents occurred.

If you ask the dealer/seller they may even pay for this. Best of luck!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts