VW Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey my names chris, new member, currently driving a black 2000 jetta gls. needs advice for what kind of stuff i should do to it, got some cash to spend, now i need some ideas. im all ears

·
Premium Member
7,420 Posts
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by 98a4:
Well the money supply directly affects the products.

Is it a 1.8t or a vr6?

for 1.8t
Chip- www.goapr.com for about 500$ +50hp/80+lb/tq
Intake - www.evoms.com Not much gain but sounds better 220$
Exhaust- www.apr.com +20hp 500-1000$ish
DV- No hp gain, but a must 120$ www.evoms.com
As far as exterior parts, theres a whole shitload of stuff...www.performancecafe.com www.estrictlyforiegn.com
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

DV/BOV is only a must if you get a chip, and the exhaust won't give you that much power unless you do your WHOLE exhaust, just a catback will give you a few HP.

·
Registered
8,124 Posts
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Straz85:
DV/BOV is only a must if you get a chip, and the exhaust won't give you that much power unless you do your WHOLE exhaust, just a catback will give you a few HP.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Way to be anal, They were rough numbers. DV can help on stock also, they can fail very fast but it isn't required.

·
Registered
4,822 Posts
chris first off welcome to the forums, i say since your car is only a 2.slow, go for more of the "show" end, but you can always add a few preformance mods

1 - 5 of 5 Posts