VW Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,219 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've installed that exact rear sway on my car and its really simple. You should have no trouble finding someone to lend a hand. Here are some instructions from neuspeed to help you out.

·
Registered
1,178 Posts
Doesn't look too hard. Most people from what I've seen are running the middle setting. I'm looking to grab one of those at some point too. Here's a decent set of instructions with pictures:
http://forums.vwvortex.com/zerothread?id=452388

I'd be more than happy to drink your beer and watch you work if I'm around. If it's good beer and cold enough I might even be willing to hand you tools.

·
Registered
73 Posts
Guys, Take a look at the autotech 28mm lightweight sway. I suggest it over the NS model. Seems like a better build minus the adjustability. Always seems to be a GB on vortex for these. Enjoy!

·
Registered
637 Posts
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by fuzzy337:
Doesn't look too hard. Most people from what I've seen are running the middle setting. I'm looking to grab one of those at some point too. Here's a decent set of instructions with pictures:
http://forums.vwvortex.com/zerothread?id=452388

I'd be more than happy to drink your beer and watch you work if I'm around. If it's good beer and cold enough I might even be willing to hand you tools.
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Hey thanks fuzzy. I bought this Swaybar for 215 shipped from this company. Let me know if you are interested in this price so I can give you their email address. I'll probally ask Pete to installed it for me. You are welcome to come and drink some beer with us while we are working. Also let me know if you ever need a vag-com, I just got one recently.

·
Premium Member
3,219 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
A friend of mine has a 28mm rear sway for sale for 150~175 (depends if he knows you) It was used for about 5~6 months this summer.

·
Registered
167 Posts
damn raf i didn't know the rear sway was such an easy install. I guess that will be my next mod. Though i should just get a shine kit :-D

·
Registered
637 Posts
My friend Pete help me put the Swaybar in today. The hardest part was screwing the bar into the subframe of the car. After 1.5hrs we finish the job. My reaction after a test drive was "what is body roll again?" enough said.

This is definately the best mod ever.

·
Registered
453 Posts
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by pcmoney01:
My friend Pete help me put the Swaybar in today. The hardest part was screwing the bar into the subframe of the car. After 1.5hrs we finish the job. My reaction after a test drive was "what is body roll again?" enough said.

This is definately the best mod ever.
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

More like your freind Pete installed the bar and you were his tool bitch.

J/K
Give me a call this weekend Pcmoney.

Pete

·
Registered
1,178 Posts
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Bluebora:
More like your freind Pete installed the bar and you were his tool bitch.

J/K
Give me a call this weekend Pcmoney.

Pete
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Hey who left the door open? All the riff-raff is getting in!

·
Registered
500 Posts
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by sleepyhead:
damn raf i didn't know the rear sway was such an easy install. I guess that will be my next mod. Though i should just get a shine kit :-D<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I saw some pics on vortex of the shine bars cracking and breaking on car that they've been on for 6+ months. I don't have a link to the thread, but it's worth checking out. P.S.- I'm back from the middle east now. Good to be home...

·
Registered
1,881 Posts
Welcome home Supertom! From the looks of your list, you're gonna be spendin the next month in your garage boltin on goodies!

·
Registered
500 Posts
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by fli gti:
Welcome home Supertom! From the looks of your list, you're gonna be spendin the next month in your garage boltin on goodies!
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Thanks! Yeah, I've been installing like crazy. I almost have everything put in, but it doesn't help when I keep ordering stuff.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts