VW Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is the neuspeed upper strut bar the best? Were the nutserts a pain in the ass to install? Does anybody have any other recommendations?

·
Premium Member
1,760 Posts
I had installed a neuspeed upper strut bar a few years back.it is not hard to do ,but make sure you follow the directions close!Before you drill at all lay the strut bar down where you want it,Mark the spot where you want the holes to be.Remember you want drill once not holes everywhere .MEASURE TWICE DRILL ONCE!

·
Registered
6 Posts
i bought a generic upper strut bar for my MK3 but unsure of installing it since it requires drilling. aside from making sure the right spots to drill on the car. what type of bolt should I use? will it be easy to actually lock the bolts from the other end? i heard 10mm bolts are usually used. the bar came with 4 holes. here's a picture.

generic upper front strut bar for mk3

please advise.

thanks,
frank

·
Registered
40 Posts
jus a bit of info....a strut brace is a struty brace as long as it is installed correctly.. they all do the same thing! you wont get any bettyer performance out of a neuspeed or and ABD just because they made it..as long as you install it correctly you will see a big difference in handleing!if you need help installing this give us a call at 1-800-220-0979 of stop up your only 30 minuts from our shop

·
Registered
38 Posts
So your saying that a cheap brace that uses cheap tube with thin walls is going to be as rigid as a higher quality tube? I'm not buying it! You really think your paying over a hundred dollars more for just a name? Again, I disagree. There is clearly a balance between cost and quality. $12.00 for a brace is not a good balance.

·
Registered
10 Posts
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by mark:
Remember you want drill once not holes everywhere .MEASURE TWICE DRILL ONCE!<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Sounds like someone has some extra holes in his strut tower

MHO is that the biggest difference between the cheap one and the neuspeed bar is probably the fit and finish. the cheapy will probably rust out faster, the wholes might not line up exactly right, might not be as pretty, plus it doesn't say Neuspeed on it!

$12 is pretty cheap, but not for ebay.
You get what you pay for is usally a good rule to follow though...

[ November 20, 2002: Message edited by: Andy ]

1 - 9 of 9 Posts