VW Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Premium Member
7,420 Posts
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by motoman358:
does anyone know if the top speed limiter on this chip is removed or just raised?<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Pretty sure it's removed.

·
Premium Member
7,420 Posts
This made me think of a question I have about chips. When racing, I shift right before the rev limiter, then I go into the next gear, and because the gear ratio is higher, I have worse acceleration. If I get a chip, I will gain 800 RPMs in each gear, which in first gear, gets me about 5 MPH extra, so that's better acceleration for 5 MPH in first gear, and even more in 2nd. Now, usually I hit the rev limiter in 3rd RIGHT before I finish the 1/4 mile, so now I will not hit it. So due to all of these factors, theoretically I should be able to accelerate much faster because I will be able to stay in each gear longer. Am I correct?

Sorry, that might have been confusing...

·
Premium Member
7,420 Posts
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by motoman358:
anyone with a p-chip notice a detonation problem?<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I don't think you will have much luck finding anyone with a P-Chip, most people tend to lean towards APR or GIAC for the 1.8T and GIAC for the VR6. Except for a few items(sway bars, strut bars, exhaust), I would try to stay away from Neuspeed.

·
Registered
1,306 Posts
whats wrong with neuspeed?<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Their products are overpriced, and certain ones, like the p-flow show little to no gains. There are many othee manufacturers that offer equivalent or better products for better prices.

·
Registered
8,124 Posts
whats wrong with neuspeed?<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Neuspeed sold out...some parts are very good, but others...are crap.

Brett, i dont think that the 800rpm higher limiter will help as much as you think. Yes you can stay in gear longer, but the gear ratios are the same, so the drop between shifts wouldnt stay 800rpm above a non chipped...but i'm no where near positive about it and your logic makes scence...someone help

1 - 10 of 10 Posts