VW Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello Guys! Just a couple of questions. What do you all think about the neuspeed cat-back exhaust and their short shifter. If anyone can give me opinions, I would truly appreciate it. Thanks.

·
Registered
3,658 Posts
don't know about the cat-back, but from what i heard about the short-shifter, it sticks alot (real bad when it's cold out). I don't know this for a fact since i don't know anyone personaly with it, just from what other people on other forums say.
jon

·
Registered
127 Posts
I have the neuspeed short shifter, its easy to install and I have never had any problems with sticking. I have about 20,000 miles on it. I also have the neuspeed stainless cat back exhaust. It sounds great and gives about 5-8 hp. Only problem is I have 2" neuspeed race springs and sometimes the exhaust hits the rear axle.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I have the short shifter and it is much better thn stock. also i have had no problems and it was easy to install.

·
Registered
5 Posts
The Neuspeed Cat Back is sweet. I have it and i love it. The sound is sweet....People ruba neck when they here me comen.....I hear that the short shifter is a little to close, gear wise.A friend of mine says he misses gears all the time because of it..Mabye he just cant drive..If you want a short shifter go auto tech...They are the best..But they are back ordered until june.......

·
Registered
3 Posts
hey man, i got everything you mentioned put in my car already and I LOVE IT. some people will bitch about the short shifter but there are like four types of shifters from neuspeed for the 99-02 models. the catback from neuspeed is great too, i read an article in euro tuner and they agree with me, more horse, and SWEET sound! also some guys might say that the neuspeed intake wont give that much of a boost in horse power but in my 00' VR6 i have seen a great hp gain and the throdle responce is dope. if you want to do these mods its a must. just make sure you read up on that short shifter though. good luck and before you do anything to your car READ UP ON IT. ask questions likeyou did, your on the right path!=)

·
Registered
60 Posts
I, too, have the Neuspeed short shifter, (for about 3000 miles) and I think it's a must even for people who aren't interested in mods. I have the Jetex exhaust, which gives 7-11 or so horsepower. I recommend the P-flow with it. In combination, throttle response is noticeably better, and the Jetex has a mature, deep sound, as opposed to the usual whoopee-cushion-in-a-tin-can sound of most exhausts.

·
Registered
23 Posts
hey
the autotech short shifter is that like the weight thing thats on your tranny...and links to the shifter....i mean what comes in there kit.....

...does reduce throw still means reduce notchy shifting.....

1 - 8 of 8 Posts