VW Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
500 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
OK, here's the deal. I'm about to put about 3 G's into my car. I'm talking to 2 different places. One, I've dealt with before, the other is new. The guys I've dealt with before want to sell me GHL exhaust (turbo-back), Upsolute Chip, Forge DV, ABD FMIC and Turbo inlet pipe, and FK coilovers. The other guy says that stuff is all crap and he wants to sell me Neuspeed exhaust (turbo-back), inlet pipe, chip, a dual side IC w/silicone piping, Audi OEM DV, rear sway bar and H & R coilovers. Now the prob is that the guy selling me all the Neuspeed stuff is charging a grand more, plus, I've heard a lot of bad stuff about Neuspeed from east coast guys I've talked to. Help me out guys!

·
Registered
3,450 Posts
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by supertom9903:
I've heard a lot of bad stuff about Neuspeed from east coast guys I've talked to. Help me out guys!<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I heard a lot of bad stuff about VW's. Hint Hint.

However, Big Dong advised against the side IC's. Also 1 grand more? Calculate it all out see where the difference really lies. Then negotiate.

[ June 23, 2003: Message edited by: TF242 ]

·
Registered
500 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Here is the thing that's really holding me up. I haven't heard of FK coilovers, and I would really want to go with the H&R, ubt I also want to buy from the same place to maximize the deal, you know?

·
Registered
97 Posts
If i were you...
I would get the GHL exhaust over the Neuspeed...i have heard both on a 1.8t and the GHL sounds frekin awesome imo, it's also going to be bigger piping than the neuspeed. I would also get the samco turbo inlet hose instead of the ones you mentioned...here is a link

its on this page, just scroll down

As far as the chip goes, i am not very familiar with upsolute but you can't go wrong with an apr or giac chip. I would get the forge dv over the oem audi one, the front mount intercooler, and either one of those coilovers would be real nice

Hope this helped

P.S. FK makes real nice coilovers

[ June 23, 2003: Message edited by: rubbadubdub ]

·
Registered
1,425 Posts
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by supertom9903:
OK, here's the deal. I'm about to put about 3 G's into my car. I'm talking to 2 different places. One, I've dealt with before, the other is new. The guys I've dealt with before want to sell me GHL exhaust (turbo-back), Upsolute Chip, Forge DV, ABD FMIC and Turbo inlet pipe, and FK coilovers. The other guy says that stuff is all crap and he wants to sell me Neuspeed exhaust (turbo-back), inlet pipe, chip, a dual side IC w/silicone piping, Audi OEM DV, rear sway bar and H & R coilovers. Now the prob is that the guy selling me all the Neuspeed stuff is charging a grand more, plus, I've heard a lot of bad stuff about Neuspeed from east coast guys I've talked to. Help me out guys!<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

DO NOT BUY THE NEUSPEED SOFTWARE!

I know too many people that hate it, I have raced many cars with it, and it is slow. I would also highly advise you to not purchase everything from one vendor. I don't know a single vendor that sells every single part I would choose. You may save a bit, bu why compromise what you want to save a buck or two?

If you are interested in buying this type of stuff, I will list what I would buy and why.

Exhaust - GHL has a awesome line of exhausts. I would suggest getting it direct from them. www.ghlmotorsports.com
Neuspeed is not large enough, and is a VERY conservative exhaust for the 1.8T. The GHL will give you more HP and I can promise this, I have seen it on the dyno. Plus the quality of service is awesome, as well as the build quality. They have completely swapped parts that did not fit for friends of mine at no cost.

Chip - Go APR, or GIAC. I think you will be very happy with either. Pick whoever is closest to you to give support. I will tell you my personal preference is APR, at the VW Superjam, I was there racing my car with a stock catback on my APR93, and was trapping the same or higher than GIAC cars that had full TB exhausts.

DV - I would buy whatever you prefer there, hyperboost, Forge, Bailey, etc. The Audi OEM one is good too, and is cheap.

FMIC - I would buy the APR one. I would not purchase the ABD one for reasons I already stated in your previous thread.

Suspension - I still don't think coilovers are necessary unless the fact that you can tell people that you have them is important to you. You will not see a difference between a set of well matched springs and dampers. Save the $$$ here and buy the APR FMIC for yourself since it is a little more. Get something like H&R Sports or Race, and Bilstein or Koni sports.

I would stay away from the neuspeed accessories except for their suspension bars/braces. They have dropped the ball when it comes to the 1.8T.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts