VW Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
3,658 Posts
I'm assuming this is "at the wheels power"?!?!?! Hmm. If so i thought it would be just a tad higher. If this is at the crank, then i think it's way to low.
jon

·
Registered
433 Posts
hmm, i thought that it would have a bit more power a the wheel than that, but still for a stock engine that is awsome.

what is the stock wheel hp of a 24v VR6?

·
Registered
3,658 Posts
Well that's a 40hp and 37tq gain compaired to that. Now all we are missing is whats inbetween, the 24V 200hp VR6
jon

·
Registered
1,145 Posts
speaking of dynos... i think i might go to NGP and get one done before i start on my car...just for $h!t$ and giggles

·
Registered
1,262 Posts
i thought the R32 would be a tad bit higher. i want to dyno my car but i seriously have no cash! it sucks, iam 18 and in debt like $3000! damn movie theater!

·
Registered
1,638 Posts
man i would love to have that hp in my car. i agree i thought it would have more but sweet none the less.

·
Registered
1,881 Posts
Keep im mind that the AWD system sucks up ALOT of power. Back when I was lookin at Subies, The 2.5RS was only showing like 96 HP at the wheels when Sportcompactcar was doig their project car. I think it was rated at something around 200-220 at the crank, so that was all eaten up in that heavy drivetrain. I imagine the R32 is a similar story.

·
Registered
1,638 Posts
true true, i never thought of that. Good job!

·
Registered
844 Posts
That's true fli, but you don't typically see a 50+% drive train loss. Or do you with AWD cars. I know it's an "industry standard" 15% for FWD and about 25-30% for RWD, but I've never heard anything on AWD. So maybe 50% is typical.

Still, I think VW would have been better off giving one to APR and letting them design one of their famous "factory look" turbo kits for it!
Of, just letting them play with it as an N/A car would have been good also.

·
Premium Member
9,072 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by silverGTI:
yeah I thought it would be higher. how much is it to get dynoed??? might do it at IW.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

$50-75. - gives you 3-4 runs, printouts etc.

·
Registered
844 Posts
Hey Brian, I just now noticed this (and sorry to bring it up here, but I'm not going to start a new thread for this), but why do you have your Europlate mounted so low?

·
Registered
7,718 Posts
well, johnny...I was anxious when I got my europlate, and I guess scared to drill holes in my bumper, so thats why I just zip tied the frame right to the grill. but now that I am brave enough to make the jump, I think I will drill and mount. thanks.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts