VW Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
whats up guys? just picked up my 03 gti vr6 a few days ago. my last car was a 00 impreza 2.5RS and i have to say that the vr6 is really nice. the handling will never (well maybe someday) match the impreza but the torque is just awesome. Haven't been able to spin the tires in over 2 and a half years. and i must say that the vr6 feels like she'll do it quite easily. (still breaking it in= 240mi so far). so what mods do you guys think would be a good start? I'm thinking bmc filter and cutting out the second(first) muffler and replacing with a straight pipe. also, whats the deal with chips on these cars. do you really have to take apart the ecu to replace it or is there an in-line chip that plugs in between the harness and ecu. I really wish that they'd come out with a powercommander (streetbike crowd knows what i'm talking about) for cars so that way we can dial in our own fuel curves. oh well...have fun and stay safe.

·
Registered
3,450 Posts
Congratualtions on your new car. Take your time and read through some the forum. It will answer a lot of your questions. Make sure you don't cut out your Catalytic Converter HA HA HA.

Enjoy your ride.

·
Registered
14 Posts
i wouldnt chip a 2003...thats be kinda risky i would think since voiding of a fresh warranty is kinda crazy unless you know ways around it which i dont think you do : )

·
Registered
7,718 Posts
I looked around for chips and the gains I would get with the chip (2000 gti vr6). It's like a 5-15 hp gain. Not a whole lot of gains for the money in my book. just my 2 cents.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts