VW Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hey all,

I ordered a carbonio intake for the 2.0tsi. Included was the breather filter as I have the secondary pump. I have not seen any posts about people putting an intake on the new 1.8T - only on the 2.0t.

Well I know that this new engine has a second hose attaching to the stock air box. Furthermore, the carbonio does not have a fitting for this hose. I drilled a 3/8 hole and threaded a nipple to the intake. I added Teflon tape and high temperature silicone to it so as to make sure there were no leaks. It worked quite well.

I had quite a hard time removing the stock air box. There were no instructions applying to the install of this intake - which I knew before hand.

Be prepared to pull HARD once you've removed all of the hoses and clips... Etc. there are two rubber grommets holding it in place. One is visible in front of the battery tray and the other is underneath and not visible.

Once the box was removed, install was a breeze though it's pretty rigged! Sounds awesome though!

Yay for blurry pics

·
Registered
18 Posts
looks good, did you have any issues because of the no MAF? or is that only a problem with the stage 2 pipe?

Mine doesnt have the secondary air so i guess i wont be needing that breather.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts