VW Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
whuts up guys. just registered to the forum. I have a 1990 jetta gli... she goes good but its got 180k miles and its startin to show. i luv my car to death but its gettin old and a little worn... so throw me a couple opinions, dump sum cash into my jetta gli even tho she has high miles, or get a late mk3 gti(such a sexy car). i dunno whut do u guys think

·
Registered
3,658 Posts
Welcome!
Well with that high of miles, i would either put the money into a new engine or get a diffrent car with lower miles.
jon

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
ya thats whut i was thinkin too. whut really pushes me towards the decision of a newer car is that i really dont have the setup to do a engine swap in my jetta. thanks for the opinion

·
Registered
11 Posts
your car is just screamin vr6 swap so you can sell me ur used 16v. actually though, im sure you can find a nice mid/low mileage 2.0 16v around and might as well throw a few mods on that beast.... i wouldnt sell a mk2 for a mk3. they are pigs. they do look cool IMO, but if you like the way a mk2 handles and how much fun they are to drive, you will hate the mk3.

·
Registered
1 Posts
What exactly dont you like about the age of your car? You say it's "worn"... My MkII has over 160,000 on it and its worn to perfection. It starts every time, doesn't leak anything, but the typical "wear" parts keep popping up for replacement. It's totally up to what you wish to get out of your car - keep this one but know that the "wearing" will continue, or buy a newer car and hope that preventative care will keep it from not wearing as fast. Just my $.02

·
Registered
16 Posts
From what I have been told a VR6 in an A2 is a mind blowing experience, but the 16valve 2.0 is a readily available engine at reasonable prices. I guess the high demand for the VR6 is the reason why 16valve engines are sitting around. Let your pocket be your guide.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts