VW Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys new here have a lot of experience working on cars but this one has me thrown for a loop and no one around my area will mess with a passat.
So my issue is I have 06 va passat 2.0t esp traction control battery light and a couple other lights on my ECU relay is not powering up I can jump it and car will start and drive with it jumped we have prodemand at the shop I work at but I cant really find anything on this issue my boss wont mess with it and I don't have experience with vw main vehicles around my area are typical domestic vehicles and Toyota Honda exc so any help would be appreciated

·
Registered
4 Posts
You may just need a new battery and it must set it up with the ECM. When your battery cant supply the necessary power ECM shots down many system protecting the engine and only power it for the minimal working. This gives you a lot of error code because no sensor, etc get volt supply. Check your battery with a multi meter if it shows 12,6 V less you need a new one.
Follow this procedure every time if disconnect, replace battery:

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I replaced the fuse box and it got rid of all but battery light put a new alternator on and fixed that check engine light came back on for throttle body which I was having problems with before needs new throttle body and pigtail

1 - 3 of 3 Posts