VW Forum banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

· Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
The metallic covering around my shifter has somehow bubbled. I tried combinations of heat and pressure to get the bubble out, but I think I made it worse. See attached picture:
I know this is just an aesthetic issue, but it irks me. I was able to pop that piece out, and it seems like the metallic part and leather boot are connected. I couldn't get the whole thing off as it looks like the top of the shifter knob needs to come off as well.

Anyway, my first question is where can I get a new one of whatever this piece is called? Secondly, is this something I can replace myself?

Thanks for any information
1 - 1 of 1 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.