VW Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
designed by sherwin at brakezone. they supply oem replacements to full race setups. check them out at http://www.brakezone.com i was talking to one of my friends about getting a bbk setup for my car and he pointed me to brakezone, he said they can custom make me a bbk. i talked w/ sherwin and he told me what he can make for the car. i was really impressed w/ what he had to say about the bbk he can design so i went for it.

here are the pics:

BBK SPECS:
330x28mm(13.1"x1.1") 2 piece rotors
hat and carriers constructed of t6061 aluminum
rotors are slotted and cross drilled and are directionally vaned
rotors are cadmium plated for rust resistance and cryogenically frozen for strength
exclusive caliper to brakezone from wilwood, used by wilwoods race team
these exclusive calipers are bigger than wilwoods 6 piston calipers and forged
forged 4 piston calipers weigh less than 5lbs!!!
retains factory abs
retains same brake bias as factory specs
stainless steel braided lines
wilwood polymatrix brake pads
complete kit is lighter than the audi tt setup that comes stock on the 337/20th ae
brakezone/wilwood kit=33lbs, stock mkiv=51lbs, audi tt/337/20thAE=61lbs
has about 1/3 of an inch clearance between the calipers and bbs rc spokes

if anybody has any question about the kit please feel free to IM me on AIM @ xx3three7xx

[ October 08, 2003: Message edited by: 1fast337 ]

·
Registered
1,881 Posts
Holy Lord those are awesome! If I had a grand lying around I would so get those.....Do they do a kit for the rear as well? I have noticed that the stock balance is too heavily biased towards the rear. At the rate I am going, I will go through three sets of rear pads before I replace the front ones...

·
Registered
2,512 Posts
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by 1fast337:
retail price of the kit will be set at $1400

intro group buy prices:
1250 for 5+
1175 for 10+
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Those look like the hotness. How fast will those stop your car (60-0mph)?

·
Registered
1,306 Posts
Man, lightweight 13.1s for $1400. That is quite a deal. Wish my money wasn't already set on other mods.

·
Registered
3,465 Posts
those are some sick ass brakes!! i saw your post on whortex and i have to say good choice! u must get crazy stopping power with those brakes!

·
Premium Member
3,219 Posts
hmmm, interesting. What size wheels would I need to run for this setup?

[ October 08, 2003: Message edited by: RafCarre12 ]

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
thanks for the responses everybody. im really impressed w/ the bbk. i was already impressed w/ the audi tt front and rear setup that came on the 337/20th AE, and am even more impressed that these are so much better than what i originally had. as far as 60-0 i havent had exact measurements of them yet..but i am trying to get european car or euro tuner to run a tech article on the brakes so we can get some hard numbers on these things. so if anybody has some close connections to these magazines please let me know

oh and as far as the rear....look for a 12.2" 2 piece rotor and forged 4 piston calipers on my car hopefully by the end of the year to late winter. oh and these will also be much lighter weight than the factory setup everybody has

and hahah whortex! they are actually locking up my thread because they believe it is some type of advertisement for the company...im just trying to help fellow dubbers out w/ more product support for our cars!

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
heres the link to the group buy posted on vortex
click here

so far we met the minimum requirement of 5 kits for the group buy price of $1250

lets try to get another 5 people in to get the group buy price of $1175!

please contact me to be added to the list or if you have any questions regarding the big brake kit.

thanks for your time
-JOHN

1 - 12 of 12 Posts