VW Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,425 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well as I referenced in the MBC + N75 Unplugged thread, I went to the dyno today. Below, you will find the first two dyno's are from my last dyno day that took place on 11/29, the first is APR 100, the second is APR 93.

The next two are from todays dyno day on 2/21. Again, the first is APR 100, the second is APR 93.

Both dynos were done on the same dyno, at Xotixmotorsports and they were both done on a Dynojet 248C, and they both have SAE corrections as shown. The only difference in my setup is that since 11/29 I added the check valve above the PCV valve, and now I have an inline MBC with the N75 unplugged. Gains for APR 100 were only 3 hp, and I actually lost some torque, and for APR 93, I gained 4hp and 27lb/ft.

Now the only thing is that Nebulight was on the dyno before me w/ his T3/T4 setup and asked to borrow the stiffer high boost spring from my MBC for his setup so he could crank it to 24psi, and I think that he accidentaly gave me the low boost spring when he gave it back. On this run, and since I took that spring out, I am only boosting 22psi, and holding 19 to about 5k rpms, and then slow taper to 12-13 at redline, and this is with the MBC cranked the whole way down. Before I took the spring out, I was spiking 23-24psi, holding 20-21 to about 4900 rpms, and then a slow taper to 13-14 at redline. I don't know how much this affected my numbers, but I was unable to swap springs because he had to take off before I realized this.

Regardless, with the low boost spring, I was able to see HP gains, even though I lost some torque with the APR100 file. I really don't care about the TQ loss anyhow.

·
Premium Member
7,420 Posts
Can't wait to see what you will be doing in the 1/4 mile now.

·
Registered
2,512 Posts
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by 98a4:
That 13 second 1/4 is right there, next time your at the track my guess is you hit it..<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Especially if he is in Epping, NH. I guess it is closer to sealevel then wherever he goes now. Yay for more pressure.

·
Registered
1,425 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
My actual numbers were higher.....I didn't realize this but those charts above had smoothing applied from the Dynojet run viewer. Real APR 100 numbers were 213hp - 266lb/ft at the wheels, and APR 93 numbers were 209hp - 243lb/ft at the wheels.

[ February 22, 2004: Message edited by: Big Dong ]

·
Registered
3,465 Posts
wow i wish i had numbers like that!(but i'm stock)

13's here u come big dong!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts