VW Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
676 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everyone, I just picked up a badgeless grille for my dub and I have seen a couple pics that have left me a question. I've seen this grille done both painted and unpainted and I personally think they both look awesome. I need to get an idea from the masses what looks better!

Painted: 0

Unpainted: 1

[ November 03, 2003: Message edited by: VW013 ]

·
Premium Member
3,219 Posts
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Josh Fryauff:
If your car is a light color, I personally like the unpainted (black) look.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I like the black too. But, you'd then have to paint other stuff black to I think. Then complete the package with some gunmetal polished silver lip action

·
Registered
3,450 Posts
I think on a black car like yours it will be real hard to notice if it is painted or not from far, however up close my personal preferance would be pained for the luxury look.

On a silver car hmmm it looks a bit aggressive which is right up my alley, however I would still paint it black. LOL

[ November 03, 2003: Message edited by: TF242 ]

·
Registered
3,450 Posts
Sorry I always thought you had a black jetta. My bad.

I think with the mods you've done so far the black one would look nice.

·
Registered
1,638 Posts
i used to have my kamei grill unpainted on my black gti. you couldent tell unles you were pritty close, i eventually painted it cause i wanted it to look better and eventually it gets dull so you have to put on that "stay black" stuff or whatever. but you coulent really notice.

·
Registered
1,306 Posts
Black on silver looks good. While body matching is sweet, it's nice to have some contrasting features on your car.

·
Registered
3,465 Posts
i think this looks bomb!

i'm probably gonna do something like this. if i ever come across a black stock grille i'll do it for sure!

·
Registered
7,718 Posts
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by TF242:
Sorry I always thought you had a black jetta. My bad.

I think with the mods you've done so far the black one would look nice.
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

agreed. if you have other items that are black, go with black grill. lets see some pics orlando!

·
Registered
676 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Well the decision is for sure now! I am going to go with the grille PAINTED BLACK for that nice long term look and the hood filler painted silver. That does make sense cause one of my long term goals is to get a carbon hood. I don't know I've always been partial to those hoods. As soon as it's in and I put it on the car I'll take a pic for the masses! Would end up being my first real pic post for all you here at the forum.

·
Registered
3,450 Posts
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by VW013:
Well the decision is for sure now! I am going to go with the grille PAINTED BLACK for that nice long term look and the hood filler painted silver.

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Here I updated the pic for you they way you decided.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts