VW Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all. Josh here and i have a 2000 passat 1.8T and have run into a little issue. I stopped at the store one day and shut car off. So when i got back in to start it it would not. The key turns to the run position with all the lights horn wipers everything functional but it will not start when the clutch is in. Also i can not turn it to the accessories position either . I tried replacing the ignition switch but that did not change the problem. Do the 2000 passats have a ignition relay?? has anyone else ever ran into this issue. Any information would be great. Thanks:razz:

·
Premium Member
140 Posts
clutch switch? But that wouldn't have anything to do with the ACC position. There is some handy information on youtube about bypassing the clutch switch. It might be worth a try for a temporary fix or to diagnose the problem. or immobilizer? I don't think the immobilizer was available on the B5. I might be wrong it has happened at least once before :)

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Do you think the starter would play a role in that? I have no clue why it wont go acc position but i could care less if i could start the damn thing. ha Probably should check power to that and see whats up but im lost here lol

·
Premium Member
140 Posts
Yeah it could. Typically you would hear the bindix try to engage. At the risk of sounding like an idiot did you check the battery? You could potentially have enough power for the interior accessories but not enough to crank. Especially in extreme heat.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts