VW Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
394 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi there.new guy around here.i'm from portugal,i have a 86 gti 16v golf and litle mods.first of all,what can i do with a small wallet?
second,my car goes left when i accelerat and right when de-celerat...

3rd the mounting of a 2.0l from a mk3 can be done without changing fuel system!?or does it have do be all changed!?
thx in advance
HidRo

·
Registered
394 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
oh,btw,when cold the car is like stuk!in low rpms it jumps around(no tecknical words,sorry)and some times dies...
what could it be?
HidRo

·
Registered
2,513 Posts
i'm not sure about the cold problem but there's tons of stuff you can do for cheap. Check my sig for mods i've done. You can paint your tails and side markers, white gauges, all kinds of stuff. relocate your radio. just use your imagination. The acceleration thing is pretty simple. Your axles aren't the same length so it will pull under hard acceleration. But bad struts can make it worse. If it's real bad change your struts to a more performance oriented one and it should help. If you have any other questions just ask. Oh yeah and to dop the 2.0l swap you need to change the whole wiring harness and fuel system.

·
Registered
394 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
can't i just simply change the block?let the same 1.8l head,and fuel system?i heard that could be done!
my question about the cheap mods,is performance oriented.i prefere the performance,not the looks.

HidRo

·
Registered
1,306 Posts
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by HidRo:

my question about the cheap mods,is performance oriented.i prefere the performance,not the looks.

HidRo
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Check out autotech.com They have a bunch of parts for MKIIs. Cheap upgrades include exhaust, drop-in filter, gutting your cats, and a chip isn't too steep.

Oh yeah, you could probably run the 2.0 block with the 1.8 fuel system but, if you want to mod th engine, you're gonna starve it. The 2.0 fuel system is a great one, if you want to upgrade your engine, you should definitely go with the 2.0 system as it can handle high hp applications.

[ August 29, 2003: Message edited by: Gti20thAEinDE ]

·
Registered
394 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
does that mean that 2.0l with the 1.8l head is not a good solution?does it do anything in hp??i can buy the engine real cheap!
HidRo

·
Registered
394 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
so,the 2.0l is not a good thing to do?
i can get the 2.0l engine with all the rest needed for 500$!!
HidRo

·
Registered
5,109 Posts
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by HidRo:
can't i just simply change the block?let the same 1.8l head,and fuel system?i heard that could be done!
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Yes, yes you can. Techtonics sells the proper breater block off plate, head gasket and distributor adaptor to mount the counterflow 1.8L head onto an ABA 2.0L block. You will probably want to get a CIS-E fuel enrichment module. to take care of fueling. We've made 190+hp on CIS-E with a turbocharged 1.8L, and we're not really trying very hard, so fueling a stock 2.0 would be no problem.

You can change it over with the fuel system, wiring, and the crossflow head, although it is FAR more involved (even more so on you car as it's an '86. It's pretty easy on a CE2 car 90-92). Not much of the fuel system must be changed. The pumps are fine, I think the lines off you car work too.

Where I like to use the crossflow head and 2.0L harness, I think you'd be better off sticking with the 1.8L head and your fuel system.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts