42 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I THINK NOT!

So I really didn't realize how bad my lights were

until I installed my HIDs

So I went to O'reilly's and picked up one of these

Really easy to use and in 30 mins, BAM

Just look at the difference

I am a happy man now :mrgreen:. Now what do I do next...

·
MK4 & MK5 Owner
8,444 Posts
Makes a big difference but will not last long. You will have to repolish them every month.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
You take the HID's out and put the halogens back in.
Hey, I like my HIDs.

Makes a big difference but will not last long. You will have to repolish them every month.
That is what I have heard. I am going to wait and see what they look like in a month and if they are that bad, I might just spend the money and get a new set.

·
Registered
265 Posts
I did a renewal for my headlights that last 4 years. You have to wet sand them down, then you spray this clear liquid across them and then cook them with a uv bulb. Worked really, really well.

·
Registered
226 Posts
those HIDs will reflect like crazy off those housings.
Does anyone know a way of redoing your headlights and keeping them looking nice without having to keep buffing them? Besides what Burned said

·
Registered
3,144 Posts
i did the 3m headlight polishing kit. it comes with a piece you attach to a drill. its lasted over a year and my headlights are still clear.

·
Registered
322 Posts
i did the 3m headlight polishing kit. it comes with a piece you attach to a drill. its lasted over a year and my headlights are still clear.
This. Hubby has used it twice on his Jetta. Worked great.

I have glass Ecodes on my GTI now. No fogging to worry about ever again. Probably my favorite "mod" on my car.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I am not a real big fan of the projectors. I like the HID look.

Jessabug, where did you get your ecodes?

·
Registered
322 Posts
Jessabug, where did you get your ecodes?
ECS Tuning. They aren't cheap, but they are great lights. Light pattern is great, output is great, and the glass lenses are the best solution.

I'm with everyone else...get those HIDs out of your headlights. You may like how they look, but everyone else on the road doesn't. If you want HIDs, get a retrofit.

·
Registered
265 Posts
Ok so what happens if you do run HID's in teh stock housing? Will they melt not being able to hold the new voltage of the HID's?

1 - 20 of 23 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.