VW Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
does anyone know a website that sells new (or used, but good condition) headliners for an '89 golf 4 door?

i guess the old one was screwed up cuz the guy before me got some faggy blue tie-dye looking fabric to put on the ceiling. he looked like some type of hippie. i gotta pull that stuff off, but i want a regular headliner to put in its place.

thanks for helping...

·
Registered
92 Posts
hey if your old headliner backing material is still good the eggshell looking stuff that the material is glued too. well if thats still good remove the requiered trim pieces an glue some appropriate material to the old shell walmart will probably have a material that is real close to whats supposed to be there an make sure you dont skimp on the aerosol glue 3M makes a real good one. I redid mine it took the better part of an afternoon to remove all the interior trim an reglue the material back onto the 'board' the tricky part was the sunroof but all in all the finished product turned out much better than i anticapated .

·
Registered
2,513 Posts
My headliner doesn't have fabris over it just the factory tan one. But i'm gonna do what he said soon. Peel off the old crap and see if it's still good. If not then lookthrough junkyards and stuff, or online classifieds on some of the vw sites. Even maybe the trading post on this site.

·
Registered
526 Posts
im redoing mine in a dark charcoal to match my new seats im getting(GTI ones that are dark and light gray)..plus im redoing the door cards. all i gotta do is find a fabric..i bought the spray glue stuff from ben franklin..its 3m super 90 or something like that. probly gonna do it next weekend if its nice. ill let u kno how it turns out

·
Registered
211 Posts
You can go to any car shop I think even Wal-Mart and buy a roll of head liner fabric.Hell you can even go to a fabric store and get some crazy stuff.But anyway yeah go to like a pep boys or a A&A or what ever and get some and get some fabric glue.It's easy to do the pain in this task is droping the ceiling and putting it back in.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts