VW Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I bought a 2003 Jetta 1.8T from a car lot that was brought in as a trade. At first it seemed like a great car. This was Saturday. On Sunday my check engine light came on. Sunday morning my air bag light came on. I drove to Autozone. It was still driving fine but I wanted them to hook it up to the computer and see what it said. They said all it needed was an 02 sensor but I didn't need to buy one immediately. They turned off the check engine light but said I would have to take it to VW for the air bag light. I called VW and they said it would be $99.99 just to hook it up to the VAG COM and see what it said... um no thanks.

Oil pressure light came on Tuesday morning so we went and had the oil changed. The car was still driving great tho so I didn't think much of it. Tuesday night we decided to make a 8 hour trip to see my family. BIG MISTAKE! Half way there and my engine light started blinking. I pulled over and read the manual which just said to drive slow that it must be something with the Cadillac Converter. (SP?) Well the light went off and everything was fine.

Now the fans stopped working. driving on the interstate the car does great. Driving in traffic the AC stops working and the car starts to over heat. Do I need to buy a new fan pack thing or is it possibly something else. We are stuck 8 hours away from home right now and my husband has to be back by Saturday for health reasons and his home nurse. PLEASE HELP ME!

·
Registered
23 Posts
If u can get the codes thatd help ... but with most of us CEL is a way of life....

Pull the panel on the driver side and check the fueses also the fuses on the lil box on top the battery it has fuses check them too....

The cat would cause an EPC light i beleive not a blinky CEL...

Sent from the void of space

1 - 2 of 2 Posts