VW Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can't figure out why my MK5 won't start. It was running fine, I turned it off in a drive through (the exhaust is LOUD) then it wouldn't start. I've replaced the ignition switch, it just had a new battery installed, overflow tank had been replaced due to a crack,.new air filter. I'm going to take the starter off and have it tested. The thing is, I tried popping the clutch and that still doesn't work. Any clues, because at this point I'm stumped.

·
Registered
7 Posts
U got spark? I'd start there .I'm going through same thing started one minute ...did a compression check ....put plugs back in hooked up coilpacks.....no start.checked for spark.....nothing on coil 2,3,4 and intermittent spark on number one coilpack.diagnosing that on Monday.....

·
Registered
1 Posts
I have a Mk3 and this happened to me. I called a tow to take it to garage.The mechanic at garage recommended I try spare key. But no luck.
The tow driver asked for the key and tried to start. Did not work. He used it to lock and unlock the car several times. Tried it again, and it started!
I hope it is as simple as that for you. I think it just looses sync between key fob and car computer.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts