VW Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just wanted to drop by and introduce myself as i am not only a new member to this forum but also new to owning a VW. I reside out in Hawaii and look forward to reading up and learning about the many things VW has to offer.

Ride = 2007 VW Rabbit 2.5 (Automatic)

I must say for the car only having 150hp it does get up and go compared to many of the other 150hp cars i've driven, perhaps do to the 5th cylinder.

Got questions ask away. Thanks

·
Registered
3 Posts
vw newb

another one here new to VW,not new to turbo cars my 8 valve 2.2 dynoed [email protected],and runsmid 12's with a Holset HX35 turbo why am I on aVWforum?my daughter realy wants a 2003Golf Gti 1.8T we told her to wait for a bit,it had an oil leak,and due to a stroke I cant get under it to see where its coming fromit was throwing a code which I forget right now, had to do wiyh the cooling system,does not run hot,but takes awhile to heat up,I think the thermostat may be locked opena ccording to the PO werePO both sensors were replaced,still throwing codes aretheseautotrannystrtranysdependable,unlike dodge auto transaxles? BigBoy Media – PNW Motorsports Mission Raceway – Street Legal Drags dick westerhof the code was p2 1 8 1

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
another one here new to VW,not new to turbo cars my 8 valve 2.2 dynoed [email protected],and runsmid 12's with a Holset HX35 turbo why am I on aVWforum?my daughter realy wants a 2003Golf Gti 1.8T we told her to wait for a bit,it had an oil leak,and due to a stroke I cant get under it to see where its coming fromit was throwing a code which I forget right now, had to do wiyh the cooling system,does not run hot,but takes awhile to heat up,I think the thermostat may be locked opena ccording to the PO werePO both sensors were replaced,still throwing codes aretheseautotrannystrtranysdependable,unlike dodge auto transaxles? BigBoy Media – PNW Motorsports Mission Raceway – Street Legal Drags dick westerhof
I heard the gti 1.8t's the motors are junk and are known to leak oil. This is just what I heard from a couple auto tech friends of mine but I have 0 experience in that department. I've only had my car for like 3-4 days and love it.

I'll try to post a photo.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts