VW Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i have a question how do you know if you have a mk3 or an mk4. just wanted to know, i have a 1999 jetta gl and how yeah whats the hp on a 99 gl

·
Registered
3,465 Posts
first off WELCOME TO VWFORUM!!

to answer your first question well if your car looks something like this then u have an mk3 jetta(third generation jetta)

if your car looks like this then you have a mk4 jetta(forth generation jetta)

to answer your second question i'm pretty sure gl's have 115 horsepower

[ June 14, 2003: Message edited by: 1point8T ]

·
Registered
3,465 Posts
the 115 horsepower rating was for all north american cars sooo yes it is the same.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
sorry no pics yet but its white jetta gl. hey do you guys have msn maybe we talk about cars and what to do for my first mod my jetta is bone stock right now and i dont really know much about cars thats why i'm here to learn more about my jetta

·
Registered
3,450 Posts

Another Canuck? Sup?

Bone Stock recommended mods:

CAI
Springs (or coilovers)
Wheels
Paint front and rear black valances white
Exhaust

Some ideas for ya.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by TF242:

Paint front and rear black valances white
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

do you have a pic so it would give me some ideas and also what kind of cia should i get keep in mind that i'm from winnipeg its going to be a lil hard trying to get all this stuff

·
Registered
3,465 Posts
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by WinnipegJetta:
what kind of cia should i get keep in mind that i'm from winnipeg its going to be a lil hard trying to get all this stuff<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

to me i think the best one to get is the carbonio carbon fibre cold air intake. aem also makes a good one. there are tons of intakes on the market the hardest is picking the best one.

·
Premium Member
7,420 Posts
WELCOME TO VWF!

As far as the intake goes, I think some people on this forum, including myself, are unhappy with their P-Flo intakes, so make sure you get a Cold Air Intake (CAI). This will take in colder, more dense air, in turn giving you more power.

·
Registered
3,450 Posts
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by WinnipegJetta:
do you have a pic so it would give me some ideas<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

No other VW Forum offers service like here at VWF.

Custom preview just for you.
If you want to stop the animation, press the RED X on top of the Internet Explorer to stop the webpage. Right beside the REFRESH button.

I hope now you agree it makes a heck of a difference at a fraction of the cost of a body kit. (well for now it would really make your jetta stand out from all the other white jetta's in town).

Also, if you want to see the front of a white jetta that painted their front black lower valance white, click on SHOWOFF SECTION it's featured on the top page there beside the red Mk2.

[ June 15, 2003: Message edited by: TF242 ]

·
Registered
1,638 Posts
welcome to the forum man. i agree with thomas on the mod sugestions. white jettas look really hot with the valences painted.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
i have talked to somebody and told me to just get a short ram he said its the samething as a cai but cost less what do you guys think and whats the difference between the too anyway how much more hp between them

·
Registered
7,718 Posts
i have talked to somebody and told me to just get a short ram he said its the samething as a cai but cost less what do you guys think and whats the difference between the too anyway how much more hp between them<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

well, different CAI=different hp. but a true CAI will give you more gains (hp)(technically)than a "quick flo" type of intake. lower the filter, more cold air. you will get more performance, and I think a better sound from a true CAI. I would highly recommend Carbonio CAI. its real carbon fiber, and it looks sweet in your engine bay. you will pay more for a cai, but better in the end. welcome!

1 - 17 of 17 Posts