VW Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am purchasing a 2000 Jetta GTS. I have a few questions.
1) When did the first 1.8T come out. I hear conflicting reports as to 2000 or 2001.
2) The current stereo is a cassette/radio and takes up one spot on the dash with the other being that useless "hole". Can I get a used Monsoon cd/cassette/radio which takes up both spots and if I do, do I need the amp?3) Anyone have one for sale?

·
Premium Member
7,420 Posts
he 1.8t came out in 2000. There was a 150 HP version. Then in 2002 they changed a few things around and they came out with the 180 HO version.

·
Registered
3,658 Posts
The 1.8t i belive came out in 2000 for VW. I think it's been in the Audi cars for a couple years before then. About the Stereo. You would also have to upgrade the speakers too. from what i understand, the headunits are the same for either set-up, but the monsoon has upgraded speaker and amp in the trunk. One thing i'm not sure about is how many speakers the non-monsoon systems have. not sure if they have the 8 speaker set-up that the monsoon has. are you just looking for a cd player to add? you can find those on e-bay for a good deal.
jon

1 - 4 of 4 Posts