VW Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everyone, do you any of you guys know of or can point me in the direction of a good DIY to remove my Intake manifold? My PCV system has fallen apart, ordered a nice kit from 034motorsports, i have managed to removed the metal retaining clip on the elbow that goes into the lower block, but hoenstly have no idea how im goign to get it back on, my hands arent really taht small. If anyone has any advice or knows of a good DIY for the intake mani please post it ! Thank you!

·
Premium Member
9,716 Posts
not sure of where to get a diy.. but u could sure make one! :)

when i had mine off.. i undid all the hoses (marked them to be sure i put the back right) work smarter not harder!

then use an extension on a ratchet.. and if im not mistaken i think theyre allen bolt.. 6mm i think?

·
Registered
682 Posts
you don't need to remove the intake manifold just remove the 2 allen bolts holding on the metal plate in front of the manifold. Move the plate away from the manifold and you'll see much better down there - it is tight but I got both hands in (No sexual innuendos inferred). Also, remove the dipstick tube (have a new one handy in case!).
It is hard to get that clip back in - there was a small stand off post/bracket supporting a cable in front of it on mine and I bent that a little to the left to give more room to get the clip straight in. The bracket interfered with the clip otherwise.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for the responses people. I was able to remove the old broken pcv hoses without removing the intake manifold, i did like AgGTI said to unbolt the N249 plate which made it a little easier. I am now just waiting for the new kit i bought from 034 motorsports, plan on dedicating all day saturday to putting in my new pcv hoses, new dogbone with upgraded bushings, and my wayne angle block rear o2 sensor spacer. To anyone here who has upgraded their dogbone, when you go to install the new one did you have to jack up the actual motor to align the new dogbone mount? Thanks!

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Okay thanks for the replys guys. So the motor did not shift or anything, the bolt holes and everything lined back up once you put the dogbone back in? Thanks!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts