VW Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, I'm looking to buy some new wheels, and tires. I bought my gti from a dealership and noticed 2 days later that all 4 tires are different brands. I believe my wheel size is 17''. So If I'm going to get new rims, I guess I'll go ahead and get some new tires. Looking to spend less then $800 if thats possible, considering I don't have a job, and I'm still in school.

(I'm driving an 03' gti 1.8t)
Also, sometimes when I start my gti up I get a jerking motion when I put it into reverse/drive. When that happens, I proceed to put it back into park, and rev the engine up. I let it warm up, and then it will stop. Is that a normal issue? I'm using synthetic oil, I believe 10w-30? I don't remember exactly.

Should I get an oil change soon? Considering it was sitting in a dealership garage for like 3 months.

·
Registered
1,635 Posts
1st off you will not find a rim tire package for 800 bucks... keep the stock alloys the 17s look good just buy some new tires that will run you about 600 bucks depending on what tires you get. as for oil i know 10-w30 is what my VR6 uses idk about the 1.8T and i am assuming ur gti is an automatic? you need to let us know this lol

·
Registered
35 Posts
mine stumbles and spits and sputters till it warms up.. doesn't everybodys? hahaha, either way mine's done that since i put my exhaust and other mods on, never thought much of it... (i don't have to wait till it gets to operating temp, just for maybe 2 minutes or so depending on outside temp...)

·
Premium Member
9,716 Posts
you will not get decent looking wheels / tires for that price..
first off.. keep your wheels get new tires done deal..

my 1.8t does not shake on start up.. period.
does urs throw a cel?
check vaccum leaks.. and also call a vw dealership and see if coil pack recall was done.. if not go in and have it done.. its free.. and warrantied by vw. then replace the spark plugs.. should fix the issue.

·
Registered
1,635 Posts
u could get some new 15 inch steelies black with all the holes haha cost me 400 for those for my snow tires :S i almost cried

1 - 6 of 6 Posts