VW Forum banner

1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,219 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have the chance to get:

18" Moda R6's wrapped with Bridgestone Potenza 225/45ZR18 S03 Pole Position tires w/1500 miles.

$1200.

GO OR NO?

·
Registered
1,881 Posts
Pic? Im too lazy to search the net for them.

·
Registered
1,638 Posts
i know what they look like. i say go for them. they are sweet.

·
Registered
844 Posts
How much are they normally? The rims that is. I know how much the tyres are!!!! If the tires aren't too worn (and they shouldn't be at only 1500 miles) then I say go for it!!!!

·
Premium Member
3,219 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by V33dub_GTI
How much are they normally?<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

The whole package would be around $1,700 shipped

·
Registered
1,145 Posts
go for it.... sounds like a good deal + you can sell your current wheels and have to pay even less for those

·
Premium Member
3,219 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><HR> Originally posted by big dub
go for it.... sounds like a good deal + you can sell your current wheels and have to pay even less for those<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I think I might. I'd want to keep my stock wheels for winter though. I live in Jersey but the road takes me to Buffalo and VT in the winter.

Off topic:
Does anyone else snowboard?

·
Registered
3,658 Posts
I know rich (dubwink) does, went skiing with him, brian and db this winter. Have you seen the video of db skiing?? it's some funny stuff!!!
VWF SKI TRIP!! I have some longer video of him if you want them

jon

·
Registered
335 Posts
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by RafCarre12:
I think I might. I'd want to keep my stock wheels for winter though. I live in Jersey but the road takes me to Buffalo and VT in the winter.

Off topic:
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

i would take 'em, the price sounds good. as long as you have the suspension to back it up, i mean. there's nothing worse than a set of sweet rims with a 3" gap between the tire and the wheel well. those are sweet rims, tho. definitely keep those winter wheels. if your travels take you anywhere near central pennsylvania, you'll want them. winter maintenance, my ass. never mind the potholes. gotta love PennDOT.

·
Registered
335 Posts
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by RafCarre12:

Off topic:
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Off topic: i have a Liquid Mercury board, and i've been boarding since high school. last Christmas i kinda abandoned the family holiday thing to camp out on Wolf Creek Pass in CO. 2 weeks of Ramen noodles, waking up in the bed of a Dodge Dakota, with nothing but fresh powder and a Minidisc player. Wolf Creek was biblical last winter.

·
Premium Member
3,219 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Originally posted by JP4wheeler
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote
Off topic: i have a Liquid Mercury board, and i've been boarding since high school.... Wolf Creek was biblical last winter.
I've just taken up boarding past winter. I went to Killington for my end of season trip.
Man, I would LOVE to get out west next winter! I have a K2/Burton setup.

·
Registered
1,881 Posts
Ive got a K2, but havent been in about 4 years. I started boarding in 93. I just can't afford to get there from Dallas, when I lived in Amarillo we would go on a suicide to redriver or angelfire every third weekend.

Man I miss those days....

If anyone wants to buy the board, I'll sell it pretty cheap. If I ever go again Im gonna get a new one. Keepin my bindings and boots tho...

·
Premium Member
3,219 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Originally posted by ME
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote
I have the chance to get:18" Moda R6's wrapped with Bridgestone Potenza 225/45ZR18 S03 Pole Position tires w/1500 miles. $1200.
UPDATE: I talked the guy to $1,120 for the full set, DELIVERED! I'm a little too psyched! So the dub may have new shoes by the weeked. Hmmm, H&R sport springs to get rid of the SUV look...... hmmmmm

·
Registered
1,821 Posts
I love snowboarding, in the winter i go up to VT every couple of weeks. I've been boardin for like 5 years. I'm actually sellin my board and bindings, Burton 2000 Custom with Freestyle's, send me an email.
Those wheels sound like a sweeet deal.

[ April 25, 2003: Message edited by: GTIboarder ]

·
Premium Member
3,219 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by GTIBoarder:
I love snowboarding, in the winter i go up to VT every couple of weeks....Those wheels sound like a sweeet deal.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

First off: Yes, I am jealous that you get to go to VT so often. Its more like 2 or 3 times per season for me. I usually stick to PA or Upstate NJ for boarding fun. Mt. Green on Killington is awesome though.

I'm glad you changed your mind about the deal

[ April 25, 2003: Message edited by: RafCarre12 ]

·
Premium Member
3,219 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
5-114.3

Yes, the wheels are the wrong bolt pattern. I now know that I would need wheels with a 5X100 pattern.

Someone hold me as I

[ April 25, 2003: Message edited by: RafCarre12 ]

·
Registered
3,658 Posts
Well your not getting them now right? Or are you locked into the deal now?
jon

1 - 20 of 38 Posts