VW Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
499 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey all, I just got back from the stereo shop today. I bought a new amp and sub. The amp is an alpine MRPM200 and the subwoofer is a 12" JL12w3. I'm still debating on witch deck to get. I'm leaning towards a Panasonic, they just got the new decks at the shop and they looked pretty kick ass. Since my last stereo was stolen I'm going to make sure this one doesn't (not easily anyway). I'll be workin on the trunk this weekend, I'm gonna roll on some Rhyno-liner. Hopefully that will seal my mysterios(sp?) leak.

Please feel free to make some suggestions on the deck, I'll probably purchase it on sunday

·
Registered
423 Posts
"Pioneer" is the only way to go. I think. I've had pretty much every other head unit. And the pioneer has been the best for me. Easy to use, fine tuneing it, takes the abuse of heat and cold fine, plays all kinds of cds. Also my HU has the DFS alarm. Dont know about newer decks but when the face is off and one of the door switchs is tripped(You have wire it to door switchs) it sends a really high pitch whistle through the speakers.

just my .02

·
Registered
7,718 Posts
I had an alpine head unit in my 96 jetta. I really liked it. I took it out when I got my gti, and had it installed into my girlfriends car.

·
Registered
2,258 Posts
yea yea i have 2 polk 12's and they sound great except my amp died last week... im deprived of a stereo rite now...

·
Premium Member
7,420 Posts
I have a Kenwood eXcelon deck and I absolutely love it. Try Crutchfield.com, they sell Kenwood.

·
Registered
324 Posts
Alpine all the way man! I have a CVA-1005 and its the coolest headunit in teh world, of course youll drop 1300 on one but still! PS2 in the car kicks ass!

·
Registered
1,638 Posts
man thats gonna sound sweet man!

·
Registered
499 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote
Alpine all the way man! I have a CVA-1005 and its the coolest headunit in teh world, of course youll drop 1300 on one but still! PS2 in the car kicks ass!
holy shit man. you spent double on your head unit than what I spent on my entire system. do you enter shows?

BTW, the alpine amp went back. I got a phoenix gold tantrum 200.2 instead. I also went with the panasonic CQDFX403 cd player. The deck is VERY blue, I won't be needing neon tubes in my car
. I'll be installing the sub and amp tommorrow so maybe I'll get some pics!

·
Registered
1,262 Posts
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by TheBoraDJ:
PS2 in the car kicks ass!<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

i have always wondered, when do you get time to play, and how long does your battery last? to me, a game system stays at home, and you only drive, or chill with the women in a car. maybe thats just me.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts