VW Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just traded in my old, loved A6-4.2 on a mildly used 2012 CC Sport. Thought I would really miss the roar of the V8, but I find the 2.0T to have a nice amount performance. I was wondering, since I didn't get a manual for the CC yet, if there were any links to maintenance schedules, etc. that anyone could post. Anything specific to watchout for on this motor?

thanks in advance

·
Premium Member
140 Posts
you have the 2.0T TSI. No worries. the FSI has some issues with oil leaks other than that they were pretty solid too. I have a 09 Jetta with the same engine. I beat the piss out of it and it seems to pretty much love it. Change the oil every 10,000 with Castrol Edge 5W30 always remember to change the oil drain plug as well otherwise it will leak. I buy them in bulk from ECS (I drive a lot) they run close to $3 each and it is worth it since the oil is $10 per qt. other than that it really isn't much to it. Congrats on the new ride :)

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
hey thanks for the reply and the tip. question: the castrol edge; is it certified vw 502? i was running lubro moly in my audi (every 7.5k religiously) and was thinking i'd just stick with that for this car. but my son uses M1 in his GTI without complaints.

·
Premium Member
140 Posts
I don't know about that, but if you look at the fill cap Castrol is stamped right on it. I remember investigating this when I bought the car. It is what I settled on so it must be. I shall check again.

·
Premium Member
140 Posts
Also I bought the APR chip and added 50 HP and I noticed that I am getting about +3 gallons per mile. I think APR may be having a sale check their website.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
actually figured out that the car was already chipped which is nice. I was trying to figure out why it was so much faster than my daughter's Passat 2.0T. From what I can tell, it was the APR chip update. the cruise control stalk allowed me to change programs with a very noticeable change in performance. would have thought that when the dealership went thru the car, they would have noticed the programming change. but i guess not.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
when i was playing around and before i figured it out, i accidentally set the chip to setting #4. holly crap, that car was quick. but since i only run 91 octane, i'll stick with level #2. nice performance bump over stock.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts