VW Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My brother has a VW golf 1994 2.0L 8 valves. He wants to start modding by going intake and exhaust first, same as I did for my Tib.

For the intake all we have found so far is the short ram (cone after the MAF) and the neuspeed with the protection shield.

For the exhaust we have found magnaflow, neuspeed and Techtonics. This last one is the cheapest and since my brother is only 16...., funds are short.

For the people who have the Techtonics and those who know about exhaust systems, how is it? decent for the price? how is the sound (we don't want a fart can)? overall, good for a start? and last what do they mean by Aluminized? eg. rust proof etc.

Here's a link on e-bay: http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=33630&item=2424799458

Thanks for your replies.

Anton

·
Registered
131 Posts
I have the neuspeed p-flow, dont like it for the price. if you can, just buy a big cone filter, and a sheet of galvanized steel, and make your own heat shield. you will save 80+ bucks. also with your exhaust, when i get the money, i am getting a techtonics. idk how it sounds on a 2.0, but i heard it is awesome on a VR. So goodluck to ya and let the modding begin!!

Zak

·
Registered
1,069 Posts
i have a neuspeed p-flo... it's really pricy for what you get. if you wanna save some funds.... search ebay, i was looking for a badgeless grille and found an airintake without heatshield for 25 buy it now.... as for the exhaust. the techtonics is a good exhaust. i am just getting an ansa (lamborgini oe manufacturer) muffler and having it custom hung. price of muffler varies with brand name, but you can get it hung for 150-200... fairly inexspensive i think.

·
Premium Member
7,420 Posts
Go with a Cold Air Intake, not just a P-Flo, colder air=more power. Also, TT makes great exhaust, I would personally go with that out of the 3, even discounting the prices.

·
Registered
526 Posts
for intake having open air is bad bcause it sucks in the hot engine air..get a cone filter and run a pipe to where it is cold..im not sure if they make a CAI for the mk3 8v but im sure you could find one. as for exhaust techtonics sounds good. but if you go with custom you might be looking at a cheaper price. im doing my whole exhaust from the engine back(mani,dp,cat,piping,muffler) for 500 bucks

·
Registered
1,069 Posts
if a cai is the way you want to go then make sure you get the air bypass.... keeps the moisture out of your engine!

·
Registered
48 Posts
Yeah i had a p-flow and i now its jsut used as a braket becuase all it dose is suck hot air once the engine is warmed... i can get you pictures of my set-up, but basicly its a p-flow with a tube running off the mafs down to the side of the car, i also have a heat shield in there... works good.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thanks for the responses.

We have decided to go for the TT exhaust. I have heard that aluminized exhausts rust pretty quickly, have you had this problem?

Thanks.

Anton

1 - 11 of 11 Posts