VW Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
HELLO OUT THERE, I JUST BOUGHT A 1997 JETTA VR6 AND IM LOOKING FOR SOME OTHER MODS OTHER THAN INTAKE AND EXHAUST FOR MORE HORSEPOWER. ANY SUGG.

·
Registered
1,306 Posts
Welcome to the forum! A few things that you can do are a chip, underdrive pulleys, high duration cam, new intake manifold, larger throttle body, new spark plugs and wires, port and polish the engine, and a lightened flywheel. Then of course there is always a turbocharger or a supercharger. The turbo or supercharger are getting on the expensive side (a few g's).

·
Registered
141 Posts
welcome to the forum, for visual mods, you could swap the front end to make it look like the mark 4 golf, you could change the front bumper cover , add ground effects, put the crystal clear turn signals and crystal clear side marker lights.... also go to home depot and get the screening that you put over your gutters to keep out leaves, then install it behind ur grille, it looks really nice, especially when you clear coat it to keep it from getting messed up from road salt etc....

welcome to the forum....

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
THANKS GUYS I AM GOING TO MAKE THE CAR INTO A FULL RALLY CAR BY NEXT YEAR SO I HOPE I CAN GET STARTED THIS WINTER. ITS GOING TO BE A LONG PROCESS BUT WELL WORTH IT

·
Registered
192 Posts
hello and welcome where ya from...

·
Registered
8,124 Posts
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Jman9895:
welcome to the forum, for visual mods, you could swap the front end to make it look like the mark 4 golf, you could change the front bumper cover , add ground effects, put the crystal clear turn signals and crystal clear side marker lights.... also go to home depot and get the screening that you put over your gutters to keep out leaves, then install it behind ur grille, it looks really nice, especially when you clear coat it to keep it from getting messed up from road salt etc....

welcome to the forum....
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Golf 4 front on a vento? U mean make a getta w/ mk4 headlamps?...

If your doing a rally car than the exterior mods would be differnt than the euro street people. Try a big VW sticker, lol thats rally look

·
Registered
2,826 Posts
rally...hmmmm. take the shell of the car and drop it onto a euro 4motion. then install a skyjacker lift kit with 33" mickey tompson baja tires. and go out and win some rallies. or check out www.rallyvw.com for some pointers and maybe even some better answers than mine to your questions.

good luck

1 - 11 of 11 Posts