VW Forum banner

1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello. Thanks for the opportunity to get to know my cars better. It’s been fun so far.
I have recently discovered the love for jettas. Last year I bought a 2002 Jetta 1.8t and I absolutely loved it. However it has not been able to pass smog for several reasons. First I had to replace the fuel filter and then the crank shaft position sensor and air mass flow sensor. And now I’m realizing the intake manifold is not the correct one and now I’m getting 2 more codes so it’s been one thing after another. I just recently bought a 2000 2.0 almost as fun but not the same. Now the downside I found out after I bought it that it had been in an accident causing major front end damage that was obviously repaired but not to the best. It runs amazing but the AC don’t work and I need to replace the radiator and condenser and other things like plugs and switches etc. This is my first time ever under a vehicle and I’m addicted. So my focus and questions are what can I take from my 2002 that will fit on my 2000. I know they have 2 different motors but so much of the rest look the same. I want to just fix my 2000 and junk the 2002.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts